If you would like to order Harmony® for you patient, please follow the steps below:
- If your patient is over 10 weeks pregnant, fill out the Harmony request form (download here or available from your Australian Clinical Labs representative), ensuring referring clinician's details are correct.
Our Clinical Labs Harmony NIPT request form is also available on Genie, MedicalDirector and Best Practice. Click here to view instructions for ordering from MedicalDirector, and click here to view instructions for ordering from Best Practice
- Please ensure both you and your patient have signed the request form
- Instruct patient to give the request form to the nearest Clinical Labs collection centre during opening hours
- Two tubes of maternal blood will be collected
- Receive results 5-7 business days after sample receipt. Instructions on how to interpret test results can be downloaded here
The cost of the Harmony NIPT test is $430. No Medicare rebate is available. If 22q11.2 Microdeletion is also ordered this is an additional cost of $150.
“No call” or “Inconclusive Test” results:
Between 0.5-2.9%1 of women who undergo NIPT will not get a result, often due to insufficient foetal DNA in the sample (known as Low Foetal Fraction), high maternal body mass index (BMI), early gestational age, maternal aneuploidy, chromosomal mosaicism (maternal, foetal of placental), and unknown demised co-twin pregnancy or the mother has had a transplant or transfusions. A sample can also show inconclusive results if the level of 'noise' in the sample (variance of genomic assays) was too great to reliably assess sex chromosomes. Due to testing complexity, in 1 in 100-200 tests, foetal gender or sex chromosomal assessment results cannot be reported. The manufacturer of the testing kit does not recommend that the Harmony test be repeated. Cumulative data showed that repeat testing is unlikley to provide a reliable result.
- de Wergifosse et al. The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine 2019. DOI: 10.1080/14767058.2019.1686478
Australian Clinical Labs is NATA-accredited for the Harmony Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing which allows for high accuracy and quick result turnaround times. If you would like more information about Harmony, please call 1300 750 610, or email email@example.com
Clinical Labs offers expert pathologist advice, as well as a genetic counselling service for patients who display a high probability result for a genetic defect.